Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Let's talk BB Creams!

Beauty Balms (BB Creams) are a hot trend right now in the makeup world. Everyone wants one! But there are so many out there, how do you choose which one to get? I've sampled five different BB Creams - high end and drug store brands, and I'm here to give you my take on them all.


Urban Decay NAKED Skin Beauty Balm - This one was my favorite one. I got it as a sample from Ulta; and I wasn't expecting to like it, since it only comes in one color. It's priced at $34 for a full-size bottle, and $14 for a travel size bottle. Even the sample size has lasted me a while though, because you don't need to use a lot.. as with most UD products. It has a light texture, and it stays on all day with or without a face primer.

Revlon Photoready BB Cream - This is the closest to Urban Decay's that I've found so far. So naturally I love it, especially as a drugstore brand. It's priced at $10.99 for the bottle at Walgreens, and once again this bottle has lasted me a really long time. I love using it on days when I need a quick fix without using foundation or going "all out." I don't have to use a primer, but I will just to make sure it stays on throughout the night if I'm going out. It hardly needs touchups, and the color matches so well!

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream - This was definitely my least favorite. It was oily, which didn't work well with my skin; and it looked orangey when I put it on. It didn't stay on long at ALL, even if I used a primer. I had to make frequent touchups during the day if I wanted my makeup to stay looking as good as when I first put it on. I definitely won't be buying it again.

Garnier BB Cream - I got this sample in the mail from Garnier themselves off of a sample website. This one is another cheaper one, priced $11.97 at Walmart. It was pretty good! I used the light /medium color for normal to dry skin. It was light on the skin, and the color matched really well. It didn't stay on quite as well as the UD or the Revlon one; however, it wasn't too terrible.

Tarte BB Cream - The last one I tested was Tarte's BB Cream, priced at $34 at Ulta. I got this one as a sample from Ulta also. I used the light color, and it was darker than some of the others. It was a little more oily than the others, so I wasn't a fan of it on my skin; and I didn't need a lot at ALL. It also came off a little easy throughout the day, even with a primer.

This project was kind of fun, I'll admit. I like testing new stuff, even if it's samples. Next time I'll be ready to review a couple of foundation primers!

1 comment: