Saturday, June 1, 2013

Day1: Something beautiful to you.

It's only day one, and this is already a tough one! There's so much that's beautiful in my life. The sky is beautiful. New contacts are beautiful (if you don't know what it's like to put in a new pair of contacts, you just won't understand). I'm beautiful. Life is beautiful. The ocean is beautiful. My purse collection is beautiful - ha!


I guess I'll be a little on the predictable side though. My family is probably be most beautiful thing in my life. I've been so fortunate to start my own family this past year with my best friend in the entire world whom I love more than life itself. After 8+ years, we got to start our lives together; and then we added another member to our fur-baby family (besides the old and grumpy asshole kitteh), Sofie. She's quite possibly been the biggest blessing of our lives. There's been nothing but love and support in this household, which is what it should always be, but not necessarily what I've always been used to until the past few years. It just amazes me how much happiness can come from being married and just being with your other half.. and then throwing a dog who seems to loves you more than you could ever love her makes it all just even better.

But I'm still apart of my original family too; and that's beautiful in itself. Growing up and becoming more of an adult has brought us all closer together, in my opinion, than ever before. It's nice to be able to call my parents, my brother, my aunt, and whoever else in my family my friends rather than just my family. I'm lucky enough that I've got my own family here in North Carolina, and though it may be small at the moment.. it's perfect. But then I've got my other family. The original family. The family I didn't get a choice in, but I find the beauty in every single day no matter what happens or who makes who mad.

That's beautiful, if you ask me.

If you want to find the blogging challenge, just click here!


No comments:

Post a Comment