Thursday, May 23, 2013

My "must haves" when going on a trip!

Here we are.. going on yet another trip, and the hardest part is trying to figure out what to take out of the makeup collection. The usual questions always run through my head: Where are we going? What will I need? Will I be going out? Will I be wearing certain outfits? How much room do I have in my makeup bag? Why can't I just take everything? WHY IS THIS SO HARD?

So I narrowed it down to a list of the things I take with me most often and find myself using the most. Plus, I always add in a few extra eyeshadows and eyeliners.. since we all know a girl needs options!


We'll start with the face:
Ulta face moisturizer - I got this a while ago as a sample, and I've loved it every since. It's perfect to use when my face is just a little dry, especially in the summer. I never need too much, or else my skin gets a little oily; but I love putting it on after I clean my face before bed or in the mornings before I put on any makeup - especially if I'm sunburnt!
Smashbox primers - I have two of them that I got as samples. One, the green one, is for color correction. It gets rid of redness, which happens on certain spots on my face sometimes. And the other, the clear, is just the regular oil free foundation primer. Both are amazing! I use the green on my red spots, and I use the clear all over the rest of my face.
Rimmel Clean Finish liquid foundation - Now, I'm not usually a liquid foundation person because I think it can get really cakey really fast; however, I'm in love with this foundation. I apply it with a foundation brush, and it's so light and feels like you've barely put anything on.
Rimmel Stay Matte powder - Favorite. Powder. Ever. If you're ever looking for something to get rid of shine, THIS is the powder you need to be looking at!
Revlon BB Cream - This is my favorite drug store BB cream. It's so close to Urban Decay's BB cream, which is the best one I've tried yet. I love using it on days that I don't feel like using full foundation, because it's so quick and easy. It's also great for summer time, because it's so light!
Maybelline Super Stay 24hr concealer - I have this concealer in three different shades.. that's how much I love it. I use it on blemishes always. I never even need that much of it. Sometimes I'll cheat and use it after I've already put on my powder, which you aren't really supposed to do.. but what the hey, right? Sometimes I'm in a rush and get myself out of order haha.
Maybelline Dream Lumi under eye concealer - As a college student, I'm so prone to the dark "stress" circles.. it's not even funny. But I love using this, because it's so light colored and light feeling that it just lightens your entire face up with just a little bit.
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer - I don't even go anywhere without it.. ever. It's my favorite eyeshadow primer I've ever used. I have samples of other kinds, but I just can't bring myself to use any of the others until I get done with my big bottle - that's lasted me forEVER, I might add!
Urban Decay All-Nighter face spray - I use this at the very end, right after I'm done with my makeup. It's become my savior, especially being from the South and living in the hot and humid weather. My face doesn't melt off in the summer! How awesome is that?! I never leave home without it.
Makeup remover towelettes (2nd picture) - I'm not too picky on which kinds of makeup remover towelettes I get, as long as they don't have alcohol in them. My skin isn't prone to breaking out a lot, so I don't have to be picky. But I love using these for everything.. whether it's taking my makeup off at night, refreshing my face in the mornings, cleaning mascara off of my eyelash curler, etc.

Palettes.. because yes, I take more than one palette:
Naked palette - Whenever I'm not sure what looks I'm going to want on my trip, I always make sure to take my Naked palette; because I know I'll use it at least once.
Naked Basics palette - I use this every. single. day. And I wish I was lying. Whether it's just for the inner corners of the eyes, under the brow, and the crease.. or all over, I find myself using it every day.
Naked Flushed palette - With it being summer time, I'm using this more and more. I started off only using a little of the highlighter and the blush, but now I use the bronzer (since I'm more tan) and the highlighter with a touch of blush. And it looks fantastic for day or night!
Sonia Kashuk palette - I mainly use this palette to help darken my eyebrows a little bit. I use angled brushes with the brown eyeshadows.
Lorac Mint palette - We all saw how much I love my Mint palette the other day.. so of course I'm taking it! It's so perfect for day or night when I feel like being a little brighter than normal.

Lips:
Lorac Lips with Benefits Gloss (in Christian) - This coral /pink lip gloss is so fun for summer. I was so scared to wear it the first time I put it on, but now I love it especially for night looks! So I try not to leave home without it.
MAC #7 Lipstick - Possibly my favorite lipstick ever. I use it on a daily basis when I'm not using a gloss.
Smashbox Lipgloss (in Illume) - When I'm not using the other two, I'm usually using this.. which is almost every normal day. I'm in love with this gloss. It's perfect for daytime, chillin' looks. And it's adorable!

Liners, mascaras, etc:
Maybelline brow gel
Ulta Amped Lashes Mascara
Smashbox Hyperlash Mascara
Urban Decay Supercurl Curling Mascara (all for the 3-step lashes)
Ulta purple liquid liner
Kohl pencil liners (in deep brown, white, and plum)
Smashbox Limitless crayon eyeliner (in Onyx)
Urban Decay pencil sharpener
Eyelash Curler

No comments:

Post a Comment